All students and visitors who are under 18 years of age and who have applied for a study permit, must have a legal custodian/guardian, to act on behalf of their parents. White Rock Homestay and International Education will provide Custodian Services for each student that does not have a legal custodian in Canada.
As per the Surrey School Districts policy, Custodians must remain in the Country while the student is attending school. Failure to do so may result in the student being removed from the program and returned home and no refunds will be given.
Standard Custodian Services include the following:
- A notarized declaration provided by a lawyer/notary located in White Rock including all fees
- Will provide Monthly Custodianship for each student that does not have a legal guardian
- Will meet with each student at least once per month to determine any needs
- Will contact the student’s family on a monthly basis with any positive updates or concerns
- Will liaison between the student, host family, teachers and parents
- Will maintain a close relationship with the student
- Will maintain a close relationship with the host family
- Will help each student with any documentation that is needed (Visa, student permit, etc.)
Responsibilities of Custodians
- Custodians are 100% responsible for all of their students and must be available 24/7
- Custodians must not leave the country for any reason without appointing another custodian on their behalf
- Custodians must be able to speak English in order to communicate between students, teachers and host families
WHITE ROCK HOMESTAY and INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION